Setting up the light "Removal Protection" for iOS devices
What is the "Removal Protection"?
Netspark Mobile's "Removal Protection" feature prevents any uncontrolled attempts to remove Netspark Mobile. Once the "Removal Protection" is set, removing Netspark Mobile will require entering a restriction passcode.
Before installing the "removal protection", please ensure that the following steps have been completed:
1. NetSpark Mobile is installed on the device and a VPN icon appears on the top of the screen.
2. The Netspark Mobile app appears on your home screen.
In order to setup the removal protection for Netspark Mobile, please complete the following steps:
First, you must send an activation request to your device. You can do so from within Netspark management portal or the Netspark Mobile app on your device.
Starting from within the Netspark management portal:
1. Go to www.netsparkmobile.com from a computer (not a smart device) and log in to the management portal with your admin username and password.
2. Under the "Protection Settings" column, click on the "Press here for instructions..." link.
3. A notification to "start installing the light uninstall protection" will appear on the top of your screen. Press on the notification and The Netspark Mobile app will open. Press "OK" in the notification to begin the installation process.
Starting from within the Netspark Mobile app:
1. Open the Netspark Mobile app on your device.
2. Login with your device's username and password.
3. Press the "Protect Now" button and press "OK" in the notification to begin the installation process.
Now, Setup the removal protection for NetSpark Mobile on your iOS device:
1. As part of installation process, you will have to reinstall Netspark Mobile. Press "Continue" to uninstall Netspark. On the next screen, press "Install Now" and then press "Install" on the notification that appears.
2. Open Settings > General > Device Management.
3. Press "NetSpark Ltd". On the next screen press "Trust NetSpark Ltd" and then press "Trust" on the notification that appears.
4. Open the Safari browser and scroll to the bottom of the page. Check the "I Finished" checkbox and press "Continue".
5. Press "Manage" on the notification that appears. On the next screen press "Open the app" and then press "Open".
6. After opening the NetSpark app, press "Allow" on the two notifications and then press "Continue". The VPN icon will reappear on the top of the screen.
Now that Netspark Mobile is reinstalled, setup the uninstall protection:
1. Open "Settings" and press "Screen Time". On the next screen, press "Continue" and select "This is My iPhone".
2. Press "Content & Privacy Restrictions", then turn on "Content & Privacy Restrictions".
3. Press "iTunes & App Store Purchases". Press "Deleting Apps" and select "Don't Allow".
4. Return to the "Screen Time" menu and press "Use Screen Time Passcode". Create a dedicated passcode to secure settings. We recommend that you choose a passcode that's different from the passcode you use to unlock your device. This passcode is not stored in our system so it is important to remember it.
5. Return to the device home screen and open the Netspark Mobile app. Check the "I Finished" checkbox and press "Continue".
6. Read and accept the statement by checking the "I Agree" checkbox and press "Continue".
7. The removal protection set up successfully! Press "Finish" to complete the installation.
* Please note! After setting up the removal protection, removing applications from the device will only be available through the Netspark Mobile app (for more details, click here).