Setting up the "Removal Protection" for iOS devices
What is the "Removal Protection"?
Netspark Mobile's "Removal Protection" feature prevents any uncontrolled attempts to remove the app. Once the "Removal Protection" is enabled, removing Netspark Mobile will require entering a password which appears on the management website, accessible only to the account administrator. Please note! In order to set up the removal protection, the device must be running iOS 11 or above.
Before setting up the, please ensure that the following steps have been completed:
1. Netspark Mobile is installed on your device and a VPN icon appears on the top of the screen. On some iPhone models, the VPN icon may be hidden. You can see the VPN icon by swiping down the screen from the top-right corner.
2. The device is connected with a USB cable to a computer with iTunes installed from the Apple website (and not from Microsoft Store). If iTunes is not installed, you can download it from this link.
3. Backup the device with iCloud or iTunes. For more information, click here.
4. The "Find my iPhone" option is disabled. If this option is enabled, you can disable it by completing the following steps:
Enter the device "Settings" > your name at the top of the menu > iCloud.
Press "Find My iPhone" and swipe the green toggle to the "off" position. Enter your Apple ID password and press "Turn Off". You can re-enable "Find my iPhone" once the removal protection set up is complete.
In order to begin setting up the removal protection please complete the following steps:
1. Connect your iOS device to a PC with a USB cable and Press "Trust" when the notification appears. If the Trust notification does not appear, you may have already trusted the computer in the past.
2. Open iTunes on your PC. Make sure that iTunes recognizes your device.
3. Download the removal protection setup file from this link. The file named "ns4ioswin" with the Netspark icon will appear in your PC's Downloads folder.
4. Open the removal protection setup file and press "Next". The installation process may take a few minutes. Important! Do not disconnect the device from the computer until the setup completes.
5. As part of setup process, your device will reboot automatically. After your device reboots, unlock your device and click "OK".
6. On the device, a notification to download a new profile will appear. Press "Close", enter the device "Settings" and press "Profile Downloaded".
7. Press "Install" in the top right hand corner. If you are asked to enter a passcode, enter your lock screen passcode. On the next screen, press "Install" and press "Trust" when the notification appears.
8. Press "Done". Go back to your PC and click "OK" to continue.
9. On the device, a notification to download a new restriction profile will appear. Press "Close", enter the device "Settings" and press "Profile Downloaded".
10. Press "Install" in the top right hand corner. If you are asked to enter a passcode, enter your lock screen passcode. On the next screen, press "Install" and press "Install" when the notification appears.
11. Press "Done". Go back to your PC and click "OK" to continue.
12. The removal protection setup has finished successfully! Click "Finish" to exit.
The removal password will appear in the Netspark Mobile management website. You can retrieve it by clicking on "Display the password" located next to the key icon under the "Protection Settings" column (6 characters).
* Please note! After installing the removal protection, removing applications from the device will only be available through the Netspark Mobile app (for more details, click here).