How do I set up access permissions for users?
When allowing access to users to control their own protection settings, the user will have access to all protection settings - including the option of turning off the filter. NetSpark Mobile enables you to give users as little or as much access as you'd like to the different protection settings within the NetSpark Mobile app.
These access permissions include:
Enable the On/Off switch - Allows users to turn off the filter.
Changing the Protection level - Allows users to change the protection level.
Minimum protection level - Allows users to set all content settings available, as long as they are equal to, or higher than the minimum protection level selected. This setting affects the general protection level, categories and the Custom filtering rules.
This applies to both the Protection level and the Custom Filtering Rules.
Changing Time Limit settings - Allows the user to manage time limits.
In order to set up access permissions, please complete the following steps:
1. Go to www.netsparkmobile.com from a computer (not a smart device) and log in to the management portal with your admin username and password.
2. Under the "Protection Settings" column, click on "Additional Settings".
3. Click the "Settings" tab (the gear icon).
4. If the user does not have access to the NetSpark Mobile app, you must allow the user access by setting a unique username and password as explained here.
5. Click on the drop-down menu located near "Permissions" and select "Custom".
6. Click on "Edit permissions".
7. The existing permissions will now appear. select or deselct the desired access permissions and click "Save". If you wish to set a minimum protection level, click on the drop-down menu located near "minimum protection level" and select the desired level.
8. Click "Save" at the bottom of the "Settings" page.
After saving the access permissions, the user will now have limited access to the protection settings. You can see that the "On/Off" button and the "Custom Filtering Rules" option do not appear and the protection level is set on "Moderate" according to the defined access permissions.